Analyst, IT Security
The primary role of the Analyst, IT Security supports the daily operations of the Information Security team by performing technical tasks on systems owned and managed by the team, with a primary focus on protecting PDS IT systems, data assets and application by using appropriate technology and process controls to prevent security threats and promptly respond to threats impacting the business.
– Provide support to other members of the Security team in managing technologies such as vulnerability assessment tools, identity and access management, web content filtering, VPN / two factor authentication solutions.
– Develop and maintains policy, standards, processes, and procedures to assess, monitor, report, escalate and remediate risk (threats, vulnerabilities, and compliance issues in relation to IT.
– Develop Security Operations Center (SOC) procedures and protocols that will provide appropriate situational awareness, technical incident response (IR) capability and clear remedial action plans.
– Ensure appropriate visibility of critical business assets, including customer data e.g. PHI, PII and ensure appropriate security controls to enhance patient, customer, and user experience as well as maintain high levels of customer satisfaction and data security.
– Design, build, implement, deliver, and support a diverse set of network infrastructure technologies focused on security services operation e.g. firewall management, proxy services, IT health check management, security incident and event management, patching, monitoring, etc.
– Ensure operational reliability and support of IT services delivered to our patients, customers, and users are according to defined SLA metrics for confidentiality, integrity and availability.
– Train and educate Security staff, other Technology Group, and external business partners on SOC management and procedures.
– Provide oversight of technology deployment within the Security Operations team, starting with Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM) system.
– Responsible for conducting IT health checks such as vulnerability scans, penetration testing, application and infrastructure code reviews, etc.
– Perform risk analysis related to PDS technologies and business partners and make recommendations for risk remediation.
– Assist in various compliance efforts as needed, including HITRUST, HIPAA, and PCI.
– Research and leverage IT / IT security trends and emerging technologies to create business value consistent with the company’s needs and growth expectations.
– Evaluate, propose, and leverage resources and solutions where appropriate that are scalable and cost effective including in-house, on premise, cloud, hybrid, hosted, staffing, and sourcing solutions.
– Foster inter-departmental collaboration and relationships by providing consultation on complex projects, architectural initiatives and other infrastructure impacting IT affiliated projects.
– Bachelor’s Degree in IT / Information Security, Computer Science, IT, Engineering or a related discipline. In lieu of degree, +5 years of experience is required.
– 2-4 years of security operations, information security consulting, GRC, network infrastructure management experience in an enterprise environment.
– Minimum 8+ years of hands-on experience supporting broad network communications functions.
– Experience with analyzing network traffic and network troubleshooting.
– One or more security certifications such as CEH, CISSP, SSCP, Security +, CISM, CISA, or equivalent.
– One or more network / infrastructure vendor certifications e.g. Juniper, Cisco, Riverbed, F5, Palo Alto, etc.
– Working knowledge of security management tools for patch management, vulnerability management, anti-virus management, security incident and event management, etc.
– Prior experience in the medical/dental industry.
Location: Irvine, CA, US
Company Name: Pacific Dental Services
Pacific Dental Services (PDS) partners with individual owner dentists across the U.S., providing them with business support services so they can stay focused on their passion: dentistry. PDS and its supported owner dentists offer career opportunities nationwide.
Established in 1994, PDS has been ranked in Inc.’s 500|5000 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies for eight years in a row, and continues to grow. PDS is founded on a core set of values that guides our daily lives, distinguishes the strength and character of our organization and directs our critical decisions. At PDS and in our supported offices, we aim to be the very best at everything we do. Fortunately, that helps us attract the very best team members – and we hope you’ll be one of them.
Job Reference: Req8071