Lead Dental Assistant
The primary role of the Lead Assistant (LA) is to assist the dentist as necessary to gain the patient’s commitment for the best possible treatment with urgency.
– Prep patients for oral exams; and assist Dentists throughout procedure.
– Complete radiographic images and intraoral photos when appropriate.
– Educate patients in oral care; and ensure the sterility of instruments and operatory before subsequent patients arrive.
– Actively deliver the Perfect Patient Experience® by striving to keep your patients focused on the best possible treatment.
– Lead assistants must lead by example and supervise, train, and direct all other dental assistants to ensure they can perform to the best of their abilities.
– For ideal patient flow, manage employee breaks and lunches to ensure adequate coverage.
– Be responsible for maintaining an appropriate and adequate clinical supply in the dental practice, while simultaneously remaining fiscally responsible by adhering to the established budget.
– This post requires even-tempered analytics that can render appropriate decisions & practical solutions.
– Must be attentive listeners who constructively address problems, suggestions and issues.
– Equivalent to high school diploma or general education degree (GED), and specified training courses as mandated by state for certification, licensure, or registration, Or
– Associate degree or one-year certificate from an accredited college or technical school, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
– As mandated by applicable state (e.g. coronal polish, x-ray exposure, ultrasonic scaling for orthodontic procedures, pit and fissure sealant application, etc.).
Your commitment to Pacific Dental Services® is the key to our success. In turn, we’ll reward you with a benefits package that shows we care about you, your family and your future. We encourage team members to develop their distinctive talents and strengths—and embrace an entrepreneurial spirit that rewards individual achievement.
Location: Baton Rouge, LA, US
Company Name: Acadian Modern Dentistry
Pacific Dental Services (PDS) partners with individual owner dentists across the U.S., providing them with business support services so they can stay focused on their passion: dentistry. PDS and its supported owner dentists offer career opportunities nationwide. Established in 1994, PDS has been ranked in Inc.’s 500|5000 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies for eight years in a row, and continues to grow. PDS is founded on a core set of values that guides our daily lives, distinguishes the strength and character of our organization and directs our critical decisions. At PDS and in our supported offices, we aim to be the very best at everything we do. Fortunately, that helps us attract the very best team members – and we hope you’ll be one of them.