The primary purpose and function of the Manager of Tax is to assist in meeting owner-doctors tax filing and planning needs, to assist PDS in attracting and retaining top owner-doctor talent. The Manager of Tax also works to ensure timely tax reporting compliance and tax planning for PDS and applicable shareholders, and to minimize tax costs and department costs to the Company.
– Assist with creative planning to minimize tax costs and tax department costs to PDS, so that PDS can work towards its goal (#1 provider of dental care in markets we serve).
– Mentor, support, and assist in the development and training of tax dept. staff & assistants.
– Ensure timely compliance with PDS tax reporting and tax payment requirements.
– Assist PDS shareholders with tax planning and reporting needs.
– Maintain tax department data storage & retrieval system. This entails scanning and e-storage of necessary documents.
– Monitor federal, state and local tax-related filing deadlines (income, property, sales & use and business license tax returns), to ensure timely compliance with tax reporting and payment requirements.
– Provide tax director with list of all tax returns due (and not yet filed) 10 days and 5 days before each deadline.
– Provide effective leadership, coaching, and mentoring in an effort to identify and implement opportunities for improvement and to execute best practices.
– Act as a Liaison between Field Operations and work with Department Heads to implement new procedures and best practices at the field level with concurrent accountability.
– Participate in Human Resources activities, such as recruiting, selecting, developing talent, performance reviews, salary administration, etc. for subordinate team members.
– Develop and conduct effective training & meetings through the development and execution of outstanding group presentation skills.
– Coach and mentor less experienced subordinate team members, and create environment for knowledge transfer and cross-training.
– Maintain an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor in accordance with Company policies.
– Ensure compliance with Company policies, as well as State, Federal and other regulatory bodies.
– Oversee structure & maintenance of paperless data storage system.
– Oversee updates and maintenance of Lacerte tax software, CCH Tax software, updates, etc.
– Oversee tax compliance (income, property, sales & use, etc) in each state where we are present, and the multi-state apportionment schedule.
– Ensure that all proper registration is completed in each state for each new entity.
– Assist with automating the tax compliance process wherever possible, constantly looking for new and better ways to do things. Including bridge mapping from accounting software to tax compliance software, etc.
– Respond to federal, state and local tax inquiries and audit requests as needed.
– Bachelor’s degree.
– At least 5 or more years’ experience related to corporate tax work.
– Experience managing and coaching others.
-CPA and Master’s degree.
– 7 or more years of corporate tax experience.
Location: Irvine, CA, US
Company Name: Pacific Dental Services
Pacific Dental Services (PDS) partners with individual owner dentists across the U.S., providing them with business support services so they can stay focused on their passion: dentistry. PDS and its supported owner dentists offer career opportunities nationwide.
Established in 1994, PDS has been ranked in Inc.’s 500|5000 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies for eight years in a row, and continues to grow. PDS is founded on a core set of values that guides our daily lives, distinguishes the strength and character of our organization and directs our critical decisions. At PDS and in our supported offices, we aim to be the very best at everything we do. Fortunately, that helps us attract the very best team members – and we hope you’ll be one of them.
Job Reference: Req7377