Orthodontic Dental Assistant
The primary role of the Orthodontic Dental Assistant is to support the success of the clinicians through effective delivery of the Perfect Patient Experience. Orthodontic Dental Assistants perform a variety of patient care, office, and laboratory duties.
– Prepare patients for oral examination and assist other dental professionals in providing treatment to the teeth, mouth, and gums.
– Must work effectively with co-workers including General Practice Dental Assistants, patients, and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner.
– Listen to and objectively consider ideas and suggestions from others; keeping commitments; keeping others informed of work progress, timetables and issues.
– Address problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions, and addressing others by name, actions, words and deeds.
– Must support the policies and goals of PDS, and thus participate in the growth and future of the company.
– Equivalent to high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required, and specified training courses as mandated by state for certification, licensure, or registration.
– Certifications/licenses/registrations as mandated by applicable state (e.g. coronal polish, radiograph exposure, ultrasonic scaling for orthodontic procedures, pit and fissure sealant application, etc).
– Preferred, but not required: Associate degree or one-year certificate from an accredited college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Your commitment to Pacific Dental Services® is the key to our success. In turn, we’ll reward you with a benefits package that shows we care about you, your family and your future. We encourage team members to develop their distinctive talents and strengths—and embrace an entrepreneurial spirit that rewards individual achievement.
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, US
Company Name: Pacific Dental Services Supported Offices
Pacific Dental Services (PDS) partners with individual owner dentists across the U.S., providing them with business support services so they can stay focused on their passion: dentistry. PDS and its supported owner dentists offer career opportunities nationwide.
Established in 1994, PDS has been ranked in Inc.’s 500|5000 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies for eight years in a row, and continues to grow. PDS is founded on a core set of values that guides our daily lives, distinguishes the strength and character of our organization and directs our critical decisions. At PDS and in our supported offices, we aim to be the very best at everything we do. Fortunately, that helps us attract the very best team members – and we hope you’ll be one of them.
Job Reference: Req7370