Posting / Balancing Clerk
The primary purpose and function of the Posting/Balancing Clerk is to be responsible for placing all payments to the correct claim and the correct account, and responsible for ensuring the balance of assigned offices.
– Gather and prepare insurance reimbursements for manual or electronic posting to appropriate office accounts.
– Reconcile individual payer transmissions or ScanLink deposits in a timely and accurate manner.
– Work through exception and error reports associated with maintaining and processing of insurance rejections, offsets/withholdings, misapplied/unapplied payments and charges, and returned checks as well researching any discrepancies.
– Manually post electronic payments and adjustments from eligible ERA/EFT carriers and ScanLink when necessary.
– Provide auditors, billers, and other claims tracers with assistance in the follow-up of outstanding claims payments.
– Works with team to maximize office collections.
– Balance and transmit payments to the bank.
– Scans deposit slips and EOB to the individual offices.
– Performs and maintains posting level per Company guidelines.
– Communicate issues and suggestions to improve processes.
– Participate in meetings as required.
– Maintain an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor in accordance with Company policy.
– Ensure compliance with Company policies, as well as State, Federal and other regulatory bodies.
– Other duties as assigned by management.
– Equivalent to high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
– 1-2 Years of related experience required.
– Bachelor’s degree and 3 to 5 years of related experience preferred.
– QSI experience preferred.
Your commitment to Pacific Dental Services® is the key to our success. In turn, we’ll reward you with a benefits package that shows we care about you, your family and your future. We encourage team members to develop their distinctive talents and strengths—and embrace an entrepreneurial spirit that rewards individual achievement.
Location: Irvine, CA, US
Company Name: Pacific Dental Services
Pacific Dental Services (PDS) partners with individual owner dentists across the U.S., providing them with business support services so they can stay focused on their passion: dentistry. PDS and its supported owner dentists offer career opportunities nationwide. Established in 1994, PDS has been ranked in Inc.’s 500|5000 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies for eight years in a row, and continues to grow. PDS is founded on a core set of values that guides our daily lives, distinguishes the strength and character of our organization and directs our critical decisions. At PDS and in our supported offices, we aim to be the very best at everything we do. Fortunately, that helps us attract the very best team members – and we hope you’ll be one of them.